Dismissal of Polish Employees
Dismissal of Polish EmployeesUpdated on Friday 14th April 2023
based on 1 reviews.
- the parties mutually agree upon this;
- one of the parties has made a statement requesting the termination of the agreement that observed the notification period;
- one of the parties has made a statement requesting the termination of the agreement but has not observed the notification period;
- when the contractual period has expired.
Dismissal conditions in Poland
- two weeks, if the employee is employed for less than six months;
- one month, if the employee is employed for at least six months, but less than three years;
- three months if the employment period is at least three years.
- the employee commits a serious breach of his duties;
- the employee commits an offence that makes further employment on the same position impossible, if so confirmed by a court of law
- the employee’s actions lead to the loss of his or her licence for practice necessary for the position.
- the employee cannot work due to illness and this incapacity is a long lasting one;
- the employee skips work for more than one month for a justified reason other than the above.
Are you looking for legal representation in case of employee dismissals? Our lawyers in Warsaw offer legal advice and representation in court for both employers and employees who are faced with the process of ending an employment agreement. We can make sure that the termination of the employment relationship takes place according to law.